Saturday, November 1, 2008

The contents of my food cupboard

Shopping is interesting. Half the time I don't know what it is until I get home, the other half I buy things that I ate at school and loved and don't know how to cook. Thank god for Maangchi at http://www.maangchi.com/recipes/jjajangmyun.

From top left: crab sticks, aloe vera juice drink, noodles, soft tofu, seaweed, soy milk with green tea, ginger tea

Second row; Korean chilli paste (soy bean paste underneath) curry paste, dried shrimp, packet soups, fernbrake

Third row; lotus roots, chilli flakes, sesame seeds, dried shitake mushrooms, ordinary mushrooms

At the front; ginger, apricot juice sachet, small sweet potatoes, instant noodles.

And of course my fridge is full of garlic and onions and I have sesame oil and soy sauce for cooking.

I still haven't figured out which of the packets of little silver fishes are dried anchovies, and I need a rice cooker as I just can't get the hang of cooking rice Korean style.

It's a good diet, great tasting food and easy enough to make. If you don't go for the buying a whole fresh squid that is.

No comments:

Why blog? Why read it?

Why I blog To update friends and family; to keep track of my own progress; to keep myself amused; because I like writing; because I like feedback from people; because I find life endlessly fascinating.

Why you read it To keep up with my latest adventures; to avoid having to write/phone/email me; to live vicariously through my adventures; to amuse yourself; because you are curious; because you have nothing better to do; because you find life endlessly fascinating